The Washington Homeownership Resource Center (WHRC) is dedicated to educating and empowering current and future homeowners in Washington State. We offer a website, hotline, and portal where you will find resources for first-time homebuyers, current homeowners, and homeowners who may be facing foreclosure. Through our portal, our agency partners within the state will be able to view a client’s profile in order to better assist them.
Each month, the WHRC's knowledgeable staff fields approximately 1,500 calls. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. We are community-supported and financed through government grants, corporate contributions, and individual donations. We provide unbiased, free information and referrals.
What WE DO:
- Direct prospective homeowners to free first-time homebuyer education classes
- Connect homebuyers to pre-purchase counseling and down payment assistance programs
- Clarify the foreclosure timeline and direct homeowners to appropriate resources
- Empower homeowners with the resources available to help them with foreclosure issues
We DO NOT:
- Charge for our services
- Provide financial assistance
- Make loans
- Accept payment from any lending or real estate professional to be on our referral list
You can also contact us by phone at our toll-free Hotline:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (at other times please leave a message)